Understanding that people want to live in their homes as long as possible, Baptistcare offers personalised services to make this happen.
Baptistcare can help with nursing care, jobs around the home, shopping and even getting you out and about and social in the community.
Support can come in a number of ways:
- Home care packages program – funded by the Australian Government. Client needs an ACAT assessment to be eligible.
- Private arrangement – client does not need an ACAT assessment. Services can be delivered at an agreed cost.
- Veterans’ Home Care – available to veterans and widow/ers through a referral from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA). Client must first contact the DVA.
Types of services include:
- Health – nursing care, medication management, continence management and wound care. Allied health support including physiotherapy and occupational therapy.
- Community – transportation to medical and other appointments, social outings to help client remain engaged in community.
- In-home – personal care including help with eating, showering, getting in and out of bed. Domestic assistance including cleaning, laundry, ironing, preparing or delivering meals and shopping.