The NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme is a new way for the Australian Government to support people living with a permanent and significant disability. Recipients of the NDIS will have access to individualised funding, care plans and support.
The full rollout of the NDIS began on July 1st 2016 with some trials still continuing until July 2017.
You may be eligible for the NDIS if you are under the age of 65 and need support and assistance from another person or equipment in order to take part in everyday activities.
The NDIS is designed to bring a nation-wide approach to person-centered care and exists in order to give you or your loved one the support and services you need.
Do you need help finding NDIS services?
The CareSide can help you with the best value NDIS services in Australia delivering more hours of quality care for both fully managed and self-managed NDIS care packages.
The CareSide team is ready to help - call today for a friendly chat!
Call 1300 414 219
You may be eligible for the NDIS if you need support from a person or assistive equipment for:
- Understanding or being understood by other people
- Making friends and coping with emotions and feelings
- Understanding, remembering and learning new things
- Getting out of bed and moving around the house and around the community
- Taking a bath or shower, dressing and eating
- Daily jobs, handling money and making decisions
The NDIS is run by NIDA – the National Disability Insurance Agency. NIDA will work with you or your loved one to determine what types of care and support will work for you, your family and carers. Once an individually tailored care plan has been put together, you can choose how your NDIS funds are managed.
Other services offered by NDIS providers may include:
- Personal activities
- Household tasks
- Travel and transport
- Home modifications
- Community nursing care
- Group and centre based activities
- Participation in community, social and civic activities
- Assistance with managing life stages and transitions
- Assistance with development of life skills
- Support co-ordination
You can either choose to manage the funds yourself (self-managing) or have NIDA manage the funds on your behalf by liaising directly with NDIS providers to organise payments on your behalf. Whatever you choose, you will still be in complete control over your choice of NDIS provider as well as when and how your care and supports are delivered.
Click on your state below to search for NDIS providers in your area: