Moran Sylvania have recently added five brand new private resident rooms to their secure dementia specific unit. These additional rooms are part a significant refurbishment and upgrade in Dementia Care at Moran Sylvania and Moran are delighted to be introducing these new/upgraded spaces to residents and their families.
Moran Sylvania now offers a total of 24 beds in a secure, dementia care environment called Discovery. Residents living in Discovery benefit from a wonderful living environment and lifestyle program plus a team of carers who are dedicated to supporting residents.
Highlights of Discovery are:
Dementia Care Program:
Moran's program focus is on the ability of the individual (whatever that may be) and ensuring they have a sense of achievement in what they do every day. Care staff get to know the individual and their likes and dislikes and offer activities to them that give them the greatest sense of achievement possible.
- Meaningful Activities – engagement in activities of daily living i.e. activities that they have always done i.e. gardening, choosing what to wear, chatting, going for a stroll in the garden.
- Physical Exercise – to maintain physical independence and continued mobility including stretching, dancing, gardening, walking.
- Mental Exercise and Stimulation – games, puzzles, books, storytelling and more.
- Social & Community Contact – getting out and about, social events and outings.
- Wellness Program – sensory stimulation, massage, aromatherapy, music therapy and more.
Discovery Lounge & Dining – these newly created spaces provides a light and airy communal dining and relaxation space for residents, with direct access to a shady terrace which leads into the Discovery Garden.
Moran Sylvania have expanded and enhanced resident access to the outdoors and now have two large outdoor gardens which are secure but easily accessible to residents and their families and guests. The Memory Garden and Discovery Garden have lush planting, footpaths, shady nooks, colourful artworks, picnic tables and colourful plants and shrubs and interesting features to enjoy.
Click here to find out more about Moran Health Care Group's aged care homes.