Extra Services in residential aged care are additional hotel-like services which aged care homes are not legally required to provide.
Extra Services in residential aged care can include things like:
- A larger bedroom, often private with an ensuite bathroom
- More meal choices
- A glass of wine with dinner
- Daily newspaper/magazine delivery
- Hairdressing services
- Pay TV in the bedroom
To pay for Extra Services, an additional fee could be included in the daily care fee, or you may be required to pay a bond.
The fee will vary between aged care residences.
Search for residential aged care in your area using our online directory.
Search for residential aged care in:
- Residential aged care in Melbourne
- Residential aged care in Sydney
- Residential aged care in Canberra
- Residential aged care in Brisbane
- Residential aged care in Adelaide
- Residential aged care in Perth
- Residential aged care in Hobart
Search for home care services in:
- Home care in Melbourne
- Home care in Sydney
- Home care in Canberra
- Home care in Brisbane
- Home care in Adelaide
- Home care in Perth
- Home care in Hobart
Do you need help finding aged care services?
My Care Path can provide you with a complete end to end consultancy service to assist you in navigating the complexities of aged care. Our consultants are ready to help - call today for a friendly, no-obligation chat!
Call 1300 197 230
Article posted:Jul 6, 2019 Category: Finding care