Aged Care Online

Find an aged care home for you!
Call My Care Path on 1300 197 230

How Do I Keep My Parents Together?

You may be in a situation where both of your parents require aged care at the same time. Of course, most people would prefer to keep their parents together in a shared bedroom at the same aged care home.

Here are some tips for keeping your parents together in aged care: 

Aged care homes with Double Rooms

Residential aged care homes offer a range of accommodation options, including double rooms. This may be a room with two twin beds or a single double bed. If you find an appropriate aged care home with a double room with two twin beds, then you may be able to ask them if they could be replaced with a double bed. This may be possible depending on the home.

Aged Care Placement Consultants

An aged care placement consultant is able to help you find aged care accommodation for you needs. An aged care placement consultant will know what facilities have double or share room in the area and have faced the task of keeping spouses together before.

Aged care placement consultants operate on a fee for service basis or an hourly rate, depending on the organisation.

Search for residential aged care in:

Search for home care services in:

Do you need help finding aged care services?

My Care Path can provide you with a complete end to end consultancy service to assist you in navigating the complexities of aged care. Our consultants are ready to help - call today for a friendly, no-obligation chat! 

Call 1300 197 230

Article posted:Oct 3, 2019
Category: Finding care


Need help finding an aged care provider? Call: 1300 755 702