Aged Care Online

Find an aged care home for you!
Call My Care Path on 1300 197 230

Home Care in Perth

Surveys and research shows the majority of elderly residents are hoping to stay in their own homes for as long as possible before moving into residential aged care. Home Care is a service which is a half-way point between living at home and in residential aged care.
Search for Home Care Perth and Home Care Western Australia

What is Home Care?

Home Care can help elderly people by providing part-time services such as housework, meal preparation, medication aides and more. If you or someone you know may be interested in this type of service, then they will firstly need to have an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) assessment. This assessment is free of charge. After the assessment is done, the individual will be given access to a Level 1, 2, 3 or 4 Home Care Package, depending on their care needs.

Home Care Packages can provide the following services.

  • medication management
  • cleaning/laundry
  • cooking meals
  • dressing
  • transport
  • gardening/social activities
  • personal hygiene
  • Personal care
  • Social support
  • Transport to appointments
  • Registered nurse care
  • Allied health care
  • Assistance with oxygen and/or enteral feeding

Find out more: Your Guide to Home Care

Home Care in Perth

Home Care in Perth can be found in all Perth regions, using our online directory. Home Care Package providesr service the entire state. You can search for Home Care Packages in Perth with our Home Care search engine.

F.A.Qs (Frequently Asked Questions)

What are the costs? Government versus Private Providers

If an ACAT/ASAS assessment is needed it will be free.

Government-funded Home Care Packages

The Government funds the Home Care Package program, however you can top up your home care with private home care services.

Not-for-Profit Organisations and Private Providers

There are some not-for-profit organisations who also provide Home Care and therefore with a charitable reduction.  There are also private providers which are sometimes in conjunction with government programs, however commercial rates do apply.

Where can I get an ACAT (Aged Care Assessment Team) assessment?

To organise an ACAT assessment, you will need to talk to your GP or call My Aged Care on 1800 400 422.

Do you need help finding aged care services?

My Care Path can provide you with a complete end to end consultancy service to assist you in navigating the complexities of aged care. Our consultants are ready to help - call today for a friendly, no-obligation chat! 

Call 1300 197 230

Article posted:Jun 6, 2019
Category: Home Care Services (Home Care Packages and Private Home Care)


Need help finding an aged care provider? Call: 1300 755 702