MannaCare's home care and community care services aim to assist older people to continue to live independently in their own homes for as long as possible.
Community services are offered both on site at MannaCare in Doncaster, and in people’s own homes.
Home care services range from helping with physical jobs that an older person can no longer do, to rehabilitation and activity groups, respite care, and connecting carers with other carers, plus professionals who can help them.
MannaCare offers a range of Government-subsidised Home Care Packages:
- Level 2 supports people with low level care needs
- Level 3 supports people with intermediate care needs
- Level 4 supports people with high care needs
Home Care Packages allow people to remain living at home for as long as possible and enables them to have choice and flexibility in the way that the package is managed.
The types of services a home care package can offer includes:
- Personal care
- Nutritional services
- Continence management
- Social activities
- Clinical care
- Home and garden maintenance
- Shopping and meal preparation
MannaCare's Grevillea House offers a range of respite services:
- Social support day programs
- Overnight cottage respite
- Flexible respite
- In-home respite
MannaCare also operates a day respite program at Cassia House that runs Thursday to Saturday each week.
Other services offered by MannaCare Community Services include:
- Allied health services (CHSP and Fee for Service) provided by Doncaster Rehabilitation Services such as OT assessment and Physiotherapy
- GymActive: a gym open to the public for older people that is supported by staff within the allied health team.
- Home Maintenance service (CHSP and Fee for Service) that provides rails and rail installation, general maintenance, gardening and spring cleaning services