Currently no vacancies available. Contact the Uniting team to enquire or join the waitlist.
Vibrant community conveniently located
In the heart of Canberra’s thriving southern suburbs, Uniting Amala offers a lively neighbourhood life. For everyday needs, you’re within walking distance of Lanyon Marketplace and local health centres while beautiful lakeside reserves and nearby Point Hut Pond Park are perfect for walks and picnics.
Canberra city, Canberra Hospital, Calvary Hospital and Queanbeyan District Hospital are just a short drive away with buses offering regular services to and from Tuggeranong, Canberra city centre, Belconnen and the Kippax Centre.
The Amala Club House has a coffee machine, daily papers and internet access where neighbours regularly get together to socialise. Green landscaped gardens and peaceful corners provide beautiful spaces to relax outdoors while the thriving community garden is a social hub for resident green thumbs.
Please note village residents may need to pay a departure fee when they leave the village.
In your village:
- Community Club House
- Hair salon
- Medical consultation rooms
- Arts / crafts room
- Social and activities club
- Residential aged care on site
- BBQ area
- Seniors’ gym (Fees apply)
- On-site manager
- Pet friendly
- Gardens and communal areas maintained by Uniting
In your home:
- Open plan living spaces
- Single level layout
- Built in wardrobes
- Reverse cycle air-conditioning
- Window furnishings
- Internal laundry
- Private balcony / courtyard
- 24-hour emergency call system
- Parking included
- Bus trips (social)
- Residents’’ social committee
- Arts and craft Group
- Book club
- Gardening group
- Church services
- Games group
- Happy hour
- Pool / snooker competition
- Men’s’ group
- Card-making group
- Happy hour
- Afternoon Tea
In your community:
- Lanyon Market Place Shopping Centre: 5 minute walk
- Bus stop to City: 5 minute walk
- Gordon District Playing Fields: 5 minute walk
- Point Hut Pond Park: 10 minute walk
- Canberra City: 50 minutes by bus / 30-minute drive
- Canberra Airport: 30 minute drive
- Canberra Hospital: 30-minute drive / 50 minutes by bus
- Calvary Hospital: 30 minute drive
Uniting is the largest not-for-profit aged care provider in NSW and ACT, we offer a full range of aged care services designed to ensure that you receive the support you require when you need it including retirement villages, home and community care, residential aged care, senior’s gyms and respite care.
With over 80 retirement villages across NSW and the ACT, we’re sure to have a home that meets all your needs. Uniting retirement villages offer a range of pricing structures including no-departure fee and flexible pricing options.
To learn more about Uniting Amala or to book a tour call our team on the phone number above.