The Mornington is a vibrant and welcoming retirement community located in the coastal town of Mornington in Victoria. With spacious tree-lined streets and stunning gardens, there is a lake with native birds, walking paths and communal veggie patches. With the maintenance of all common gardens and facilities taken care of, you can spend more time enjoying a better retirement.
From spacious independent living units to serviced apartments, The Mornington features a range of accommodation options to suit your lifestyle and needs.
The independent living units vary in design and layout, and include secure garages and private rear yards. The one bedroom serviced Shearwater Apartments allow you to keep your independence and freedom with a little extra support, including;
- three meals a day - plus morning and afternoon tea
- weekly cleaning of your apartment
- a weekly delivery of clean linen and bath towels
All residents of The Mornington can also access these services on a user-pays basis.
There is no shortage of things to do at The Mornington. The centrally located Clubhouse overlooks the beautiful lake and gardens and includes a lounge, restaurant, café, activities room, billiard room, library and kiosk. The Residents Committee is very active, organising monthly dinners and events and you are sure to find some likeminded friends. There are also plenty of opportunities to get out and about on one of our regular shopping trips or bus outings.
The Mornington offers on site consulting rooms for GP visits and a 24/7 Emergency Response System with a Registered Nurse on call. Friendly staff are there to help, and can offer a range of services tailored to your needs;
- External home and garden maintenance
- In-home services (cleaning and household chores)
- Complimentary shuttle bus service
- Nutritional and delicious restaurant- quality meals
Just an hour drive from Melbourne, The Mornington is known for its village atmosphere, beautiful beaches, and lush hinterland gardens. In the main street, there’s a kilometre of speciality shops, cafes, restaurants, library, cinema and numerous parks, gardens and historical buildings to enjoy.
Services and amenities include:
- Vibrant and welcoming community
- Maintenance free living
- Beautiful gardens, lakes and tree lined streets
- Choice of independent living villas and serviced apartments
- Out standing community facilities and activities programs
- Access to Home Support Services
Living Types offered