When you join Mercy Health at their Dandenong home, you won't just move into an aged care home. You will become part of a vibrant community. This beautiful new building offers an intimate, family-style approach to living. Stage two of the development, expected to open in August, will include an additional 60 rooms, a wellness centre and a hairdressing salon.
If you are expecting an old-fashioned style "nursing home", one visit to Mercy Place Dandenong will certainly change your mind. This state-of the-art building includes:
- “Households" of up to fifteen residents; your own small community within the larger community
- Separate kitchen, dining and lounge room for each household
- A chapel and prayer/reflection room in each household.
The rooms at Mercy Place Dandenong go far beyond what you would probably expect from an aged care home. They are full of natural light; a space you can make your own and a place where you will be happy to welcome your family and friends.
All rooms include:
- Private ensuites
- Smart TVs
- Video conferencing, so you can see your family as you chat to them
- Foxtel is optional
All your meals are cooked on-site in a professional kitchen, under the expert guidance of a head chef. Food is fresh, nutritious and great tasting, with plenty of options, and all dietary and cultural requirements can be catered for.
In between meals, enjoy a cuppa and cake with friends in the on-site cafe.
You will find many of the services and supports you need at Mercy Place Dandenong, including:
- Pastoral care support
- Visiting doctors and allied health practitioners
- Hairdressing salon
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the building.
View Mercy Place Dandenong
If you would like any further information, or to arrange a tour, please contact the Manager on the phone number above.